Different QuartusII version produces different behaviour

Hello!

My problem is similar with the post of spectrallypure schrieb. M colleagues are using different versions of QuartusII and my problem i with the actual programming of the FPGA device. We've use QuartusI ver7.0 for the synthesis and generation of the *.pof and *.sof files. However, when these programming files are downloaded on an FPGA device using QuartusII ver5.0, it seems that the behavior is not the same. Th programming was successful, however, we were not able to make the FPG board work as before. Right now, I am looking for a freeware programme tool that is compatible for QuartusII ver7.0. Maybe some of you guy could suggest some sites for such tools.

Lot of thanks.

Best Regards,

aeoshi

Reply to
aeoshi

I think you're SOL there, I don't know of any freeware software to program altera pof/sof files.

Are you aware that there's a stand-alone executable for programming devices that comes with quartus? Look for quartus_pgmw.exe - it *may* require a few support files...

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,

Thanks a lot Mark! I'll look into that.

program

Reply to
aeoshi

There is a JAM player available with source. Quartus can generate the required JAM file which can be programmed using the JAM player.

Look at

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

The JAM approach is quite complicated. Just use the programmer that comes with QII 7.x. And a sof file is just a sof file. I doubt the programmer is the problem.

gm

Reply to
GMM50