differences between queue and pipe in nucleus?

I have been looking up  documents on queue and pipe.The messages in
queue are 32 bytes long,while several bytes in pipe.Is there any
difference else between them?would someone tell me please?

Re: differences between queue and pipe in nucleus?

Huh?  What are you talking about.  What system, software, etc.

Re: differences between queue and pipe in nucleus?

He said "Nucleus" in the subject line which is the Nucleus PLUS RTOS from
Mentor Graphics (actually Accelerated Technologies, Inc. but Mentor bought
them). It's a pretty nice little RTOS - easy to use.

--
- Mark ->
--

Re: differences between queue and pipe in nucleus?
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (zhurp) wrote in

None that I can see. I think RTOS's need to have IPC mechanisms that
people are used to seeing in order for people to believe them to be
complete. I can imagine, however, that if you truly need to stream bytes
to another task, a pipe would be more natural than a queue. E.g. I use
queues to send pointers to objects to other tasks since my pointers are
32-bits wide.

--
- Mark ->
--

Re: differences between queue and pipe in nucleus?

I don't know anything about this "nucleus" but are you sure messages in
nucleus queues are 32 bytes long not 32 bits long? If they were 32 bits you
could use them to send ints and pointers to message buffers.

Regards
Sergio Masci

http://www.xcprod.com

Re: differences between queue and pipe in nucleus?

The message sizes for Queues are specified in 32 bit words, the message
sizes for Pipes are specified in bytes.  That, and the name are the only
differences I have discerned between the two in Nucleus Plus.

--
Richard

Re: differences between queue and pipe in nucleus?
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (zhurp) wrote in news:97122bdc.0310091902.1095a3c7
@posting.google.com:

Queue starts with a 'Q', Pipe starts with a 'P'.  Oh, and Queue message
sizes are specified in 32 bit words, whereas Pipe message sizes are
specified in bytes.  I think that about covers the differences, at least
all the ones I could find.

--
Richard

Site Timeline