Difference between Memory Mapped and IO Mapped ?

Hi every body,

I am new to this field. I want to know some clarification

  1. What is memory mapped ? 2. What is IO mapped ? 3. what is memory mapped IO ? 4. what is IO mapped memory?

I am looking for ur valuable commants...

Reply to
Raja

Clarification isn't something you "know". You seek, obtain, need, or get clarification, not know it.

Having an address which is accessable through an instruction to read or write system RAM.

Having an I/O location assigned, accessable though an I/O instruction.

I/O registers that are accessed via normal memory instructions. Some processors have no separate I/O instructions, so all I/O is memory mapped.

Memory accessable by I/O instructions? One example is an external FIFO that you write one byte at a time. Another would be external EEPROM that are accessed serially and used in small systems.

What do I win?

--
Thad
Reply to