development tools for hobbyist?

Is any deveopment tools exsisted for CAN, embedded TCP/IP network
which is in hobbyist acceptable price range (<$500)?

Re: development tools for hobbyist?
    Take a look at the Atmel development boards. Most of them have CAN
controllers. Then you can figure out what stacks are available for them.
    ....JW

Re: development tools for hobbyist?
Go to digikey, buy a Zilog z8 encore development system for $39
complete.  Then buy a Packet whacker from edtp publications for $35
and your set.  You will have code for a webserver using tcp/ip for
under $80.

Jerry

Re: development tools for hobbyist?

The Zilog Z8Encore is a good kit but the Encore does not have CAN yet.
 I am told that they are working on it but I would not expect it out
until late next year.

Bradley

Re: development tools for hobbyist?

Try Maxim's TINI (http://www.maxim-ic.com/TINIplatform.cfm ).
The processor comes with a wide range of interfaces (CAN included),
IP stack and a simple OS in mask-ROM and 16MB address space.
The development kit is rather inexpensive ($100) and can run
a JVM.

j.

Site Timeline