Development kit based on ARM9 core with 2.6 linux

I need to buy a  development kit based on ARM9 core (I would love if i
can find with S3C2410A chipset ), i just need (10/100) Ethernet,
atleast 2 or more serial ports and USB. The application itself won't
need a huge amount of RAM or flash. And the most important thing would
be software part, yes, it should be with 2.6.x kernel and should be
providing complete tool chain from cross-platform tool chain to boot
loader and filesystem. Or atleast should be having good documentation
to get all those tools from relevant sources. And ofcourse good
customer support would be a big catch.

thanks,
ali

Re: Development kit based on ARM9 core with 2.6 linux

I haven't looked personally, but I would guess atmel should do you a
dev-kit; they are really pedaling their ARM cores.

AS for coming with a 2.6.x kernel - a vanilla kernel cross-compiled
with a compatible GCC will be fine.

I'm not too sure of the rest of the software side of things.
--
Brendan Gillatt
www.brendangillatt.co.uk

Probably yes, however their pricing is bit high and development board
comes with lots of extras that are simply not useful to me. I'm just
trying to find some simple board with fair price. And as far as 2.6 is
concern, i really doubt that there would be many products with that.
Through my little search for appropriate product i've come to believe
that 90% boards are still with 2.4  ;-) I might be wrong and maybe
someone here would point the right source!

ali

Re: Development kit based on ARM9 core with 2.6 linux

If you shoot for an AT91RM9200 instead, then you will find
multiple boards with 2.6
    www.mechatronicbrick.dk is but one.

If you focus on systems with dataflash, then you will
will have an easy route building your own kernel
using my "buildroot" at
ftp://at91dist:distrib@81.80.104.162/ -> AT91 third party -> linux host ->
source

Will build:
* cross compiler
* dataflashboot.bin
* u-boot
* linux-2.6.21.1
* root file system.

Should work with the mechatronic brick board.

If you do not care about ARM9, then you can buy the AVR32 Gateway for $69.
You have u-boot and linux support in mainstream.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

And thats very true, i wonder that in 2.6 we have numerous ports but i
can just find most products with atmel gadgets. Thanks for ftp site
and its really nice to find *everything* in single place.

ali

Re: Development kit based on ARM9 core with 2.6 linux

Note that the purpose of my work is to support dataflash in general
and dataflashcards in particular

While the stuff looks like it support many boards, in reality
I only tested

at91rm9200df        dataflashcard
at91sam9260dfc    dataflashcard
at91sam9261ek    internal dataflash
at91sam9263ek      dataflashcard

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

I hope it will be fine , looking this [ http://www.gridconnect.com/sk27.html
] kit and have asked them the OS version. I think it will be fine even
they are with 2.4 as the resources you have pointed should work with
this kit. Any consideration?

Just wrote an email to www.mechatronicbrick.dk for their "mbEval1
Development Board" and "mb9200 ARM9 SOC module" .

ragards,
ali

Site Timeline