Designing using Qualcomm SOC

Dear All,

I am looking for a chip that include GSM/GPRS modem and an application processor (ARM9 will be excellent) , to make a custom design for a mobile.

i have found that Qualcomm has a lot of solutions like Single-Chip Solution (for example QSC6270) or Mobile station modems (for example MSM7200a) and all include ARM9 , Modem , RF transceiver and power management.

But the problem here i did not find any information or document for these solutions or the tools and IDE for developing an application using these chips.

So any Help please.

Thanks

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

eng_basemm

The short answer is: if you are asking these questions, you don't have the required volumes and facilities to develop such an application. Buy a GPRS modem module and integrate it into your application.

Reply to
larwe

Qualcomm wants to vet you before they give you any information, and they probably only want a few big customers.

Like Larwe said, if you have to ask you're probably too small. But if you don't think that's the case, give them a call.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

So , is there any integrated solutions that deal with the too small customers ??

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

eng_basemm

Not really. "Too small customers" do not design custom cellphones, period. The cost of developing, testing and type-approving the design is very large. The minimum investment required is in the $1E5 order of magnitude to develop and field a new design.

For vertical market requirements that rely on special application software, your best approach is to select an OEM-available canned hardware solution and develop your app inside the app sandbox provided by the off-the-shelf solution. (iPhone, Android, etc).

Reply to
larwe

eng_basemm skrev:

You can get a Telit GPRS module with built in ARM9 application processor (AT91SAM9260)

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson

eng_basemm skrev:

You can get a Telit GPRS module with built in ARM9 application processor (AT91SAM9260)

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson
These are my own personal opinions, which may
Ulf Samuelsson

they

Thank you Mr , Ulf Samuelsson i have just been choosing this module and reading its datasheet , it is really seems to be very powerful module and the ARM 9 processor has a lot of peripherals .

And i have another question , now if i make design based on this processor what are the chance to get my firmware inside ARM9 processor (it is now public resource all knows its specifications , pins ,... etc)?? and how can i secure my code not to be taken from my design and even if it have been taken can not be reversed ??

Thank you for your replying

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

eng_basemm

eng_basemm skrev:

Those questions you have to ask to Telit.

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson
These are my own personal opinions, which may
Ulf Samuelsson

an

Let me see if I understand: You want the community to help you find the part and make the design, and when you're done you want to make sure that nobody can do what you do?

AL

Reply to
LittleAlex

No , of course what i asked about is how can i secure my code on non protected ARM 9 core ???

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

eng_basemm

And even if you manage to do so and secure YOUR code that YOU think it is safe and private enough, it is the utmost challenge for geeks like me to untangle the code you wrote and make it public to show how can it be unsafe. Someone likes cross-words, I like cross-reverse-engineering.

--
StoneThrower
Reply to

You cannot. Anything you can engineer, can be reverse-engineered. The only question is will anybody bother to reverse-engineer your widget when it is cheaper to pay some guy in China to make a functional clone.

Reply to
larwe