Design of a flash memory drive

Hi all:

I am an Electrical Engineering student working on the design of a USB
flash drive as part of my Digital Electronics design class. Among the
specifications for the project is that the drive has to work with
Windows XP default drivers (needs to be "Plug and Play"). For doing
this I will need to understand the inner workings of windows default
driver. I am looking at the Microsoft website but still haven't found
anything...

I will appreciate if anyone provides some useful information!
Best Regards,
-Omar

Re: Design of a flash memory drive

You'll need the DDK for windows to understand how windows operates. But
I don't think you need to know.

http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs#approved

See mass storage.