Delphi and windows CE

I have a simple application and i'dlike to migrate it under WINDOWS CE.net, can't I? Alessandro Tesi

Reply to
Alessandro

CE.net,

Alessandro, you'll need to be a good deal more specific. Also, there are newsgroups deducted to Windows CE related development issues. microsoft.public.windowsce.*.

Reply to
DM McGowan II

Not easily. Borland does not do CE. This is very unfortunate for all of us in the Delphi and C++Builder community.

Tom Woodrow

Alessandro wrote:

Reply to
Tom Woodrow

RR [29 Jun 2003 12:43:57 -0700]: >runs little or big endian, it may depend on the processor used.

CE is always little endian (or whatever x86-end is). Too was Alpha, MIPS and PPC when Windows did them. Did Windows do PPC?

There's really no way Borland would do a CE compiler. Wasted effort, for one.

--
 40th Floor - Software  @  http://40th.com/
 GT40 encryption-database toolkit for Win32 and Linux

the absolutely grate part about DOTNET ist the 32MByte Runtime module that has to be loaded in addition to the application and the OS.

How much memory does your target have ? 8MBytes ? too bad.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar