Debugging 3 applications using CCS

Hi,

This is all about Debugging the Booting .

There are 3 projects :

1) BootROM 2) Bootloader 3) Application.

Inside BootROM, i call the Bootloader after checking certain condition. Inside Bootloader, I invoke tha corresponding Application from the Flash memory based on certain condition.

Thus, I have a BootROM, BootLoader & application projects.

I need to debug sequentially(step into) starting from the BootROM project, which inturn will be handing over the control(step into) to the Bootloader project and later step into application project that gets invoked by the bootloader.

If i debug the BootROM , i am unable to trace/debug the point it handles the control over to the Bootloader as both are separate projects. But, in the code BootROM calls the Bootloader finally. As soon as the control moves out of the BootROM, I am unable to place breakpoints and debug the flow after that into the Bootloader. In the same manner, if i place breakpoints and debug the bootloader, i am unable to get control over the application as these both are separate projects.

So, how to have control over all these projects and place breakpoints on all the three projects which operate in a sequence and debug the Booting Process ?

How to debug the 3 Projects in a sequential flow for resolving booting issues using CCS (Code Composer Studio) ?? ( I use OMAP 5912).

Kindly give some ideas/suggestions for this.

Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbg

[...]

My memory is a little fuzzy on this, but I believe you can nest projects in CCS. That may allow you to debug each section in sequence.

You might look on Yahoo groups for an OMAP specific group. I know there are groups for other TI chips, it is likely that an OMAP group exists now.

Scott

Reply to
Not Really Me

I am still looking for that info. ( I am also looking for OMAP specific group) I would like to throw some more info into my query.

BootROM - This contains all the code for the bootRom. The software sets up the interrupt table that is used by the Bootloader as well. The software runs in Flash and loads the Bootloader to IRAM.

BootLoader: ; This contains all the code for bootloading the OMAP based hardware. This software detects the type of Hardware Version and initiates the appropriate bootloading osequence and invokes the application.

Application : This software has different functionlities based on different hardware version.

I need to know the way to debug all the above 3 projects together using CCS (Code Composer Studio). Any ideas / links /pdfs ??