Debugger commands vs. target commands

As a newbie with GHS MULTI 2000, I wonder what the difference is
between target commands for debug and their counterparts in the
debugger itself. (This is rather general question, not necessarily
related to MULTI 2000.) I know that those two sets of commands are
orthogonal (e.g., one cannot see breakoins set in the target shell in
the list of the debugger breakpoints). I perceive that the debugger is
usually more convenient. But I conceive intuitively that there must be
advantages of the target shell, too. What are they? Why will one use
the target commands for debugging?

Thanks,
Mirosnik

Re: Debugger commands vs. target commands
you can use them in situations where the debugger is unavailable, for
example out in the field.