Debugger commands vs. target commands

Hi,

As a newbie with GHS MULTI 2000, I wonder what the difference is between target commands for debug and their counterparts in the debugger itself. (This is rather general question, not necessarily related to MULTI 2000.) I know that those two sets of commands are orthogonal (e.g., one cannot see breakoins set in the target shell in the list of the debugger breakpoints). I perceive that the debugger is usually more convenient. But I conceive intuitively that there must be advantages of the target shell, too. What are they? Why will one use the target commands for debugging?

Thanks, Mirosnik

Reply to
Mirosnik

David Lindauer