Dbt--Continuosly animating the object without using containers--GUI development in Embedded Environment

Hi All Is that possible to Continuosly animate the object without using containers--GUI development in Embedded Environment. Thanks

Reply to
Pret

Yes.

JJS

Reply to
John Speth

Certainly.

Unfortunately, your level of detail is about the same as if I asked you if I could plant the tree in my back yard and have it grow. I haven't told you where I live, what the tree is, or even if my back yard has any soil in it.

So will the tree grow?

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim Wescott

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 04:18:07 -0700, Pret wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

What is "the object"? What processor, operating system, display device? What containers?

Without a whole lot more information, the answer to your question is "maybe".

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Naa, he didn't bound the solution -- the answer is "yes" because he can always shred what he has and start over with something entirely new.

OP: Mo info! Please!

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim Wescott

No, you're answer is wrong. I'm sure the right answer is Yes.

JJS

Reply to
John Speth

Some idiots randomly use clever words because it makes them look smarter.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

Hey all This is the detailed q:

If I want to animate a image continously and display it on the LCD .One way is that I can use separate containers and animate them .ie. for eg consider a small buliding and a man to its right .i want to animate that image such that man moves to the left of that buliding..My idea is we can first draw the buliding(separate image) and man (separate image) to its right in the Ist step this together is placed in separate containers and the two containers are placed in a root container.In the second step I can just erase the container that is having the man.In the 3rd step I can draw that man image to the right of buliding image. My question is that possible to animate continuosly without using any containers. Thanks

Reply to
Pret

(A) Please find an english-language spell checker. (B) Yes. Particularly if you're writing your own code. Just don't use containers. Are you constrained to using a certain programming language? A certain graphics package? Where are these containers coming from? Processors don't come with a container class -- libraries implement those. Many embedded systems aren't programmed with an object-oriented language, and those that do are done carefully to avoid using up all the processor resources before you even display the "H" in "Hello World".

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim Wescott

Same question as before but with some unrelated detail (at least to uninformed readers). So same answer as before: Yes.

JJS

Reply to
John Speth

Why are you even using containers at all? As Tim suggests, are you constraining yourself unnecessarily? I started out using a window manager for the GUI I use but fairly soon discovered there was much more power and flexibility in drawing images directly, although you have to think about what you are doing more.

Reply to
Tom Lucas