David Tait's FPPDOS v0.9 with PIC16F877A?

Anyone successfully programming 16F877A with FPPDOS v0.9?

---
Michael

Re: David Tait's FPPDOS v0.9 with PIC16F877A?

Probably not.

It can be done but you have to munge the hexfile a bit.

The 87XA parts use a 8 word block write. So you have to load 8 consecutive
words starting with the 3 LSB of 000 and ending in LSB 111 in order for it
to work properly.

You best bet is to use programmer software specifically designed for the part.

Any chance of using a Windows or Linux box. Then your choices include ICProg
and PIkdev.

But if you have to use FPPDos then make sure to pad your hex file with NOPS up
to the 8 word boundary. Then use the 16F877 selection. It should work.

BAJ

Re: David Tait's FPPDOS v0.9 with PIC16F877A?

I was afraid this would be the case.

Work-arounds are the pits, eh?  Life is too short ...

Never Windows.  I quit the Windows chase before it went 32-bit and haven't been
back.  Maybe Linux someday in the distant future.  Got burned on Redhat 6.1 - it
wouldn't install and tech. support had less of a clue than I did - so I stopped
my shelfware collection right there.

I D/L PICPROG, which is supposed to support both 877 and 877A.  Haven't tried it
yet.  It's incompatable with my NOPPP programmer and I was trying to avoid
building another.  Guess I'll do it now though ... and make it ICSP while I'm at
it.

Tnx.

---
Michael