Data over low-voltage AC line

    I have a project where I would like send some simple low rate data over
an existing 12VAC power line.  The devices connected to line will need to
retrieve the data and respond accordingly.  I have looked at the X-10
implementation but it appears they are using custom transformers to couple
to the power lines.  I do like the idea of the 120KHz busts to represent
bits so I may adopt that.  Does anyone know of a way to couple a 120KHz
signal to an 12V 60Hz AC line and remain isolated?  I don't mind using a
transformer if it is an off the shelf part.

Thanks,

Frank

Re: Data over low-voltage AC line

Usually a trafo and caps are used.
I use these Siemens current compentated dual inductivities,
EPCOS(not Siemens anymore), for example :
B82721-A2202-N1, 2A 1mH
Basically a transformator doing 1:1.
It takes 250VAC, 1500Vpk 2sec. Take the secondary winding and
connect it with 2 caps , 100nF 500VAC to Line-Neutral or
Phase-Phase or whatever.
At the primary, you have your electronics.

Rene