Data logger GPRS SD

I need help choosing the hardware needed for my project. I need to log the data from an accelerometer (I am thinking in a SD or MMC card throw SPI ). In daily bases a have to send the information to the server throw the gprs module. I do not know, but a hope it is possible to compress the data before send it to de server. Does anyone know if it is possible? What is better choose, Analog or Digital Accelerometer? Which Micro and GPRS module would you choose?

Thank you very much in advance.

Tech

Reply to
quiquehi