Cypress PSOC ARM

Cypress is supposed to be working on an ARM version of the PSOC with greatly improved programmable blocks. When I was first told of it, here was a lot of confusion on whether it was going to be a CM3 or an ARM9 core. They said it would be out by the end of the year. Well, the year is half over and I would expect them to be talking about it a bit more now. Anyone heard any news?

Reply to
rickman

I'd be more willing to look at their new stuff if they would show a little more enthusiasm for fixing bugs in their existing ARM9 products.

The EP9302 is the only processor I've ever used that requires 2 successive reset pulses to make everything work reliably....

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I think you are confusing Cypress with Cirrus. Cypress does not currently sell any ARM products to my knowledge.

Reply to
rickman

I stand corrected. I was thinking of Cirrus. Not the first time I've made that mistake.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

It may be more than 6months.... for the release of complex silicon eg 32bit controllers.

Would you like Cypress "rush" their ARM Products to the market!

Other silicon manufactuers have "rush" to the market with many bugs in their silicon.

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

Who said anything about "rushing" to market? I asked if they were talking about the product yet. They were willing to give a few glimpses into the thing over 6 months ago, but a lot of the info was inaccurate and conflicting. I am hoping that I can at least find out for sure and "officially" if it is a CM3 or an ARM9.

Reply to
rickman