Cypress FX2 EEPROM image won't run

Cypress technical support has been really horrible, I hope someone here can help.

I have a program for the FX2LP part. It runs fine when loaded with the Keil debug monitor, but does not run when loaded via CyConsole, or loaded into EEPROM.

For the EEPROM, I'm using this command line:

hex2bix -i -c 0x00 -f 0xC2 -o test.iic test.hex

I have looked at the EEPROM image in the prom burner's buffer, and it seems correct. I decoded the first

16 bytes or so, and everything matched.

I send some data out the serial port before doing any USB stuff. If I load the program with the debugger, but don't connect the USB cable, I get the text out. When I try the same thing with the EEPROM, I get nothing.

Anybody got some ideas?

Thanks!

Reply to
LeftSpin

I don't know about the FX2, but the FX requires a header at the start of the EPROM image - is that being injected?

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,

Yes.. It seems he is doing a 'C2' load. I am so busy I can't look it up. I have all of the FX2 load stuff built into my apps and do not use hex2bix or the CyConsole so there may be something there he has to deal with.

Reply to
nappy