Cyan Processors - any real world views?

I have just been shown the eCOG processor from Cyan technology of
Cambridge UK - a spin off from Cambridge Consultants Ltd.  It looks
like it would meet some of my future requirements but I would like to
hear whether anyone has used them in a real product and how well they
worked.

How good is the CyanIDE toolset?

Any difficulties configuring the device - the user allocation of the
peripheral functions to I/O pins looks good but is its flexibility
reall worthwhile?

What sort of power consumption did you get?

Any other comments would be much appreciated.

Feel free to respond off list if you want to keep the responses
private.

Thank you
Ian

Re: Cyan Processors - any real world views?

The standard single-source, green silicon comments and cautions apply.

- What does their processor offer, that other mainstream ones do not ?
   If they have a key, system critical feature, that can swing it.

- What is their family depth. Suppose your code size doubles, over the
   life of the product - is there a larger, same footprint member ?

- Take a scan at the expanding range of new ARM Flash micocontrollers
   from AnalogDevices, Philips, STm, TI, Sharp....
   Or even the higher end 8051's from Cygnal, ST, AnalogDevice, TI...

- Should you need to change vendors/cores, what is time.cost budget for
that ?

-jg

Site Timeline