CY7C68013 remove EEPROM

Is there an easy software way to remove the vid/pid from the EEPROM and ge
back to the initial Cypress one?

Thanks

Eric

www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Re: CY7C68013 remove EEPROM

If you're feeling lucky, just ground the E2PROM data pin while you plug in
the device. With the right driver installed (bound to a Cypress EZUSB) you
can download some software to wipe the first byte of the E2PROM.

|              Mark McDougall                | "Electrical Engineers do it
|  <http://members.iinet.net.au/~msmcdoug |   with less resistance!"

Re: CY7C68013 remove EEPROM

Although it seems like that should work, in my experience it identifies
differently on the bus than an unprogrammed FX2.  Opening the data line
at the EEPROM does work as you would expect, but of course you have to
restore the connection with the power on.

Re: CY7C68013 remove EEPROM

get

The above method is what I use. Or unpower the device (EEProm) and boot.
Once you are up as a generic Cypres DEvice then enable the EEProm and use
their EEProm write routines to put ANYTHING other than 0xCx  in the first
byte. Or wipe the entire EEProm to zeros.