Cy7c68013 hangs computer

Good day everyone!

I have a problem with CY7C68013. Before, I was able to program and use this chip. When I got a new different chip for a new different project, I had a problem with the drivers because the new project uses different driver. CY7C68013 can be detected on the computer but my software cannot detect it anymore (software runs okay before i got this problem). I tried to uninstall and reinstall it but i got the same problem. Then I downloaded again the vend_ax.hex but ezusb cannot detect the device. What does this mean?

I tried to configure it by starting to the first step on how to use the project (my project comes with pld). I downloaded the right PLD file and it downloaded just right. Then I downloaded .iic, my computer hangs. I cannot even move my mouse. Why does this happen? Then I setup the project to use the CY7C68013, then USB Device not recognized pops up. VID/PID enumarates 0000. How can I get back to USB detection?

Your quick response is highly appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
rf_orcullo

Step one is to get the VID/PID correct.

Sometimes there is a serial NVRAM that sets the VID/PID on the FX2. If this is missing or wrong, you will get the symptoms you describe.

G.

Reply to
ghelbig

Hi!

Thank you for your response.

How to set the VID/PID? The EZUSB Software cannot detect the device "No Cypress USB devices detected".

Reply to
rf_orcullo

"Sometimes there is a serial NVRAM that sets the VID/PID on the FX2."

This is something you need to figure out and fix. You have not provided enough data for any one else to do it.

G.

Reply to
ghelbig