Custom Shielding Cans For PC Board?

I need to order some custom cans to shield some very sensitive analog circuitry. Can anyone suggest a good and reasonably-priced vendor?

Thanks!

Reply to
Alan Cohen

Try fotofab.com

You might get lucky and be able to use one of their off-the-shelf designs. Worked for us.

They also have a nice designer's kit of an assortment of shield cans.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

The usual suspects are named in this thread:

JeffM

My usual way of doing that is to use etched brass or copper foil, usually 0.5mm thick. I draw it like I would draw a PCB, lines where I want a cut being etched on both sides and where I will bend only at the inner side of the bend. I have made also pretty largish cases using this techniqie, with some experience one can achieve reasonably high quality housing at prototype quantities at no tooling cost.

Here is one such a cover in a prototype I made 6-7 years ago:

And here are some housings made using this technique (just the two modules and the battery housing, the large case is plastic):

Dimiter

Didi