crosscompiler for embedded linux

I am new to embedde linux.Can anybody please suggest a free crosscompiler for embedded linux for ARM target in linux environment.

thanks & regards vairavan

Reply to
sundar

gnuarm.org

Do you know comp.os.linux.embedded ?

--
Med venlig hilsen/mojn/regards
Martin Hansen

I imagine gcc is the *only* such beast.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

poor imagination? try tcc

Reply to
M.Kmann

Evidently.

Cool! Ten times faster too.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Heartly Thanks for ur response.Do u mean turbo c compiler or any other thing?.If turbo c how can i replace the kernal headers with precomiled headers for arm.Is there any guide sites for it.I tried in the net.But I amnot able to get it.Can u please help me.

Thanks & regards

vairavan

Reply to
sundar

Heartly Thanks for ur response.Do u mean turbo c compiler or any other thing?.If turbo c how can i replace the kernal headers with precomiled headers for arm.Is there any guide sites for it.I tried in the net.But I amnot able to get it.Can u please help me.

Thanks & regards

vairavan

Reply to
sundar

No, we mean gcc. This very well known, in fact the first link for "compiler" on google.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but if you cannot locate somwething like gcc, then it seems unlikely you are going to be able to get linux running on an embedded platform!

Unless, perhaps, someone has already prepared a linux distribution for your particular hardware. For example I gather there are distributions for some linksys routers which are ARM-based.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Ah yes, I see now. Thanks for the clarification.

Sorry, sundar. It would be better if you can quote the message you are replying to!

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Sundar failed to actually quote that message, though, so Devereux may have forgotten about it.

Actually the only tcc I was aware of is from Borland many years ago. That is apparently why he asked about Turbo C. A quick trip to Google concerning 'tcc compiler ARM' yields the better candidate.

--
Thad
Reply to

try gnuarm.com

or macraigor.com

May also find depending on the distro you are using that there is an rpm or package with gnu arm prepackage for easy install.

If you need an ide you could always use eclipse or kdevelop or similar ide for whatever desktop environment you are using. Or one of the old favourites like vi, vim or emacs.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson