Create Peripheral in XPS / FIFO debug on ChipScope

SW env. ISE8.1 / XPS8.1 / ModelSim / ChipScope 60day ver HW env. Xilinx virtex2pro xs2vp30

My lab usually work in XPS and ModelSim for Create Embedded IP creation. Mostly we use FIFO unit in IP, so it works only when the data packet was pushed. Until last week out PhD says to do simulation in ModelSim. But now we have to debug by ChipScope I made my IP could work only when data is pushed, but I have no idea how can I simulate on ChipScope. Data is pushed and poped to IP in C++ level.

Can ChipScope core catching the data in realtime? I have to know about inner signals of IP. If some HW module(IP) doesn't work because of some problem, how can I solve it? I think some of you already know about this problem, and might be able to know solution.

I'm struggling with ChipScope on whole week. But I have no iDea! There's no usefull example file what I fount it. And also I can't found textbook for ChipScope.

If you had some usefull books about ChipScope or ISE debugging tool, please give me the information.

please and thanks for your apply.

Reply to
Charlie Yang

[...]

... snip ...

It might help to describe ChipScope to those of us who might then understand. It is also not necessary to post the same message three times, although that may well be caused by use of the inferior Google news interface.

                           -- Francis Crick, co-discover of DNA
                                             -- Thomas Matthews
Reply to
CBFalconer

Wrong group. Go to comp.arch.fpga and you may find a helpful person. Xilinx people are active in the group.

Reply to
Dave