Coverting Asm to C: Metrics?

You're right. And he is a team of brave people (albeit a small one). You can see how C *might* just improve maintainability.

The speedup is mainly through demuxing the external busses, actually only running 40MHz.

Yepp, did the numbers on this one, too. Have done it before when a processor disappeared under us some 20+ years ago.

Cheers, Alf

Reply to
Alf Katz

is this 512KB of CODE ? - The only time I've seen such large 8051 footprints, have been where extensive menus, and multi-languages, were included. That stuff can go into cheap serial data-flash these days; code memory is too expensive for that. How much RAM does this system need, storing what sized variables ?

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Farcall, LOL. I love it! If I can't get it into this project, I'll have to start another just to use it. processor.

Yepp, that's another column in my KT matrix.

Cheers, Alf

Reply to
Alf Katz