Convert Hex from Binary Format

hi All,

I'm using Code Composer for my development on MSP 430.

any one can tell me

  1. how can i convert the binary output file to hex code?
  2. Where can i check for the code space i use after i compiler.

Appreciated that if some one can help me up.

MK LYE

Reply to
mklye

You should be able to set the linker to output intel hex. Look at the list files or map files to see how your program uses memory.

Reply to
cbarn24050

Look on

for a package called srecord.

If you get a binary output file, then the size of the file should be the code space used.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

I haven't used the MSP 430 tool chain, but both of these things are what I consider essential features; I don't think TI would be able to withstand the customer pressure if they thought they could get away without them.

  1. RTFM. I would be surprised if there isn't either a linker option to get hex directly, or a tool that converts the binary to hex.
  2. You want a "map" file. Most tool chains that I have used produce this as (your file name).map, but some need to be told that it is desired. Once again, RTFM.
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott