constructing modbus tcp messages for float and 32 bit integers

hi all Can anyone please Explain me how to handle float and 32 bit values in modbusTCP protocol. I have searched them net,got something but i didn't understand. thanks in advance.

Reply to
prasi

Put 16 bits in e.g. register 1000 and the rest 16 bits into register

1001. Use two adjacent registers for the 32 bit and/or floating point data.

Which 16 bits (and in what byte order) should be put into reg 1000 and what into reg 1001 that you have to figure out yourself. The convention varies from device to device. Some device might even expect non-IEEE floating point formats :-).

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen