connecting pico-SAM9G45-X to an LCD

Hi all

i need to build a system that includes this board

datasheet here:

to an LCD screen of size 15'' or 17'' with LVDS input (for example, this one:

.

I do not want to use a VGA cable, but rather, build it as an embedded system

I wondered if you could help me. understand if I can connect the LCD output of the board to the LVDS input of the LCD.

In general, I'm willing to pay for work on this design

thanks very much! I really appreciate any help. I'm totally new to this and any help is blessed

--
Lior

---------------------------------------
liorm

I have one of those with the 4.3" display. Planning also to connect a larger screen, (10"/11" in my case.) Will take a look over the weekend and report back. (Just got power back after the last snow storm in the NE USA.)

-- Roberto Waltman

[ Please reply to the group, return address is invalid ]
Reply to
Roberto Waltman

Roberto - sounds good - thanks! looking forward

liorm

liorm skrev 2011-11-02 13:39:

.

It is not possible to connect it directly to an LVDS input of the LCD. You will need to have an adapter in between which converts the LV-TTL RGB signals to LVDS.

Something else you need to take care abourt is the pixel clock. I think that the SAM9G45 is limited to about 50 MHz. (You may want to verify this)

This LCD module needs a pixel clock between 50-80 MHz, so you are really at a border.

Someone needs to write a driver. The Atmel Linux LCD driver is fixed to 480 x 272

BR Ulf Samuelsson

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson