Configuring sccb for OV9650 cmos camera

Hi all. I have just purchased the omnivision 9650 cmos camera for my project of image processing and i wish to interface the camera with the Altera DE2 FPGA board. For this I need to write the configuration in verilog code program but I do not have a clue about how to write it. Can anyone here provide any guidance? Thanks a lot.

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

maximili

Do you have the full data sheet for the OV9650? After you sign their NDA, OmniVision will send it to you. You'll also want to download the SCCB spec, although it's a pretty simple 2 0r 3 wire serial protocol.

After you have the docs, I would suggest setting up an environment that will allow you to easily change registers in the imager and display the results. There are many, many registers in these things and I didn't find it obvious which ones did what.

HTH, Bob

Reply to
Bob

Can

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks a lot Bob, I have the data sheet, and I have try write up a SCCB verilog HDL program with the reference to another of similar Omnivision product, the OV7720 camerachip's SCCB program. But there are two questions I have in mind,

  1. Is the SCCB.v program for the OV7720 camerachip will also work with Ov9650 camerachip or does two program bear any similarity so that I could refer to that?
  2. When I have done the SCCB.v code, should I write another module to initialize the camera with the settings I want? I found it hard to understand the 2-phase write and read cycle...

I really need help to get this camera work by this week...Hope to get some help from pros here! Thanks!

maximili

So you haven't started, yet?

If the 9650 data sheet says it uses the same SCCB protocol, then it probably does.

Write another module or put it into the same module - organize your code any way that you want.

I already suggested a course of action but you don't appear to have made any progress in 2 months. good luck, Bob

Reply to
Bob