Computer controlled curve tracer

Please forgive me if this is not the right group and if it isn't could someone point me in the right direction. I would like to build and program a curve tracer that interfaces with my computer. Something like a Huntron. The basic circuit for a basic curve tracer isn't that hard to build. I built a simple one for my scope and it worked pretty good. I would like to be able to have up to

100 channels to input and display and compare signatures against other known working boards or chips. What I need to know is what type of hardware and software package should I start working with? Is there a PIC chip that can do this and if so what one would it be. Or is there some other type of hardware/software like LabView that I should use. I am on a budget but I do want flexability in case in the future I want to add featues. There are so many things to choose from I don't know where to start. I really do appreciate any experienced help with this. I wanted to buy a package already built like the ABIElectronics.co.uk system but the price is just to high. Could someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks Uriah

Reply to
uriahsky