Compact Flash Identify Drive command

Hi All Probably not really an embedded type question, but I'm sure someone here will know the answer. Is there any Windows untility that will display all of the Compact Flash data as returned by the identify drive command? Especially useful if this util would work across a USB reader, and not via an IDE-2-CF adaptor ('cos I don;t have one!). Thanks.

Reply to
Grumps

I am not certain if it will work for you or not, but check out USB Snoopy, available on Sourceforge.net. This utility will plant itself between the PC Host (driver) and the USB peripheral, allowing you to capture the comm traffic between the device and host. You can then trace through the commands to the drive and see how the drive responds.

Reply to
Noway2

That's not going to work, if the command/response is between the peripheral controller and device (CF). In this case, the peripheral controller is hidding the complexity of the device to make it look like a generic device. I am not entirely sure, but the controller is very likely to translate the data somewhat.

Reply to
linnix