Code Composser Fails to Compile Options File Include Path.

Trying to become familiar with Code Composer Version 3.1 I ran into some problems with the complier. The compiler fails to include the path to "Blah.cpp" when using the Options File (-@) to append the contents of a given file to the command line. The goal here was to use system variables to enhance project portability. This seems like such a petty problem but it is bothering the hell out of me...

The setup is as followed:

System Variable => DanTest = C:\CCStudio_V3.1\My Projects

Blah.cpp => Located in directory = C:\CCStudio_V3.1\My Projects \Practice\Deep\Deeper

Options File DanExample.opt Contains the following line =>

-i "%DanTest%\Practice\Deep\Deeper"

With the above setup , a build on the project will fail because file Blah.cpp can not be seen.

What works? I was able to get the following to work:

1.) Options File DanExample.opt changed to contain the following line =>

-i C:\CCStudio_V3.1\My Projects\Practice\Deep\Deeper

2.) Set the include path inside the Build options.

Build Options -> Preprocessor -> Include Search Path (-i) contains the following line =>

%DanTest%\Practice\Deep\Deeper

Again the goal here was to become more familiar with code composer before integrating with a DSP board. Although there are many solutions to the problem, maintaining portability using system variables was the main goal here.

Thanks in advance Dan

Reply to
DanLeoNGC

The -i option only works for files specified with "#include", which are typically header (.h) files.

If you want a .cpp file to be compiled, you should add it to the project.

You could create and add to the project BlahOptions.cpp, which would consist of:

#ifdef BLAH_OPTION_1 #include "Blah.cpp" #else #include "NotBlah.cpp" #endif

..but be prepared for some trouble debugging Blah.cpp.

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz