CMOS Image Sensor FPGA USB - Is CY7C68013 good?

Hi, I interfaced a Micron MT9T001 with Spartan3 evaluation board, I ca save a fragment of image on SRAM, and now deciding which USB controller t use so that I can transfer the raw image data to PC directly from th sensor.

The bandwidth for the output data needs 30MB/s (640*480*98fps). I used FT2232 before but it supports up to 1Mb/s only, so I am finding IC USB controller that can support this bandwidth.

For CY7C68013, from its spec it should support up to 480MB/s. Is th CY7C68013 a good choice?? I can't find any Rx/Tx pins in this IC lik FT2232, how to interface FPGA with this IC controller?? Something lik parallel FIFO? FT2232 can be programmed in windows easily, can this Cypres chip be that easy as well?

Newbie to FPGA here!~

Thanks.

-kicn

Reply to
kicn

It (CY768013) is a popular choice. Google for 'FX2 FPGA'

Reply to
LittleAlex

If you want an easy solution for high speed USB into a PC, check out

Not cheap, but provides various parallel and serial interfaces, and they have done all the work on the PC end for you.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

If 30MB/s means 30 megabits/sec, then the CY7C68013 is a good fit. If it's megabytes or megapixels, then it will NOT work.

Look for the Slave-FIFO mode.

Best regards Marc

Reply to
jetmarc