Cipher Lab / Syntech

Cipher Lab produces some embedded terminals to collect data where we can program using one implementation of plain C which I believe to be ANSI C89 compatible, although not fully. They have their on set of libraries as well.

I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place, I did try comp.lang.c before, wrongly. And this time I'm not even taking my time to see if it is, I'm just following up an advice from there. (I'm still trying to get used to usenet / ggroups)

I'm hoping to find some place where I can share experiences and codes on this plataform, with people who also have to program in C for it.

Particularly, I'd love to know if someone could sucessfully use any well known string library on it, such as Paul Hsieh's bstring (

), although I doubt it. Strings must compound 90% of all issues I'm getting with it.

Other than that, I also have problems with OSTimeDly and OSTaskCreate, to better use the system's multiprocessing. It's still a bit confusing to me, or maybe it is just flawed. And it would be nice to have some specific libraries to deal with files and screen scrolling. I've tried to upgrade this one function someone in my company built before me, that do both reading from a DBF (it's the name they use for one kind of file in the terminal, the other being DAT) and scrolling, but it's pretty slow, and really bad if the file gets big, since the screen has only 8 lines and 20 columns.

But maybe that should go to another place... I'm still not sure where to discuss it, here on usenet, or even if usenet would be a proper place for this "gathering". I actually came here from google groups, looking for a forum-like environment. I want a kind of forum where anyone with same issues would go to, specially if searching on google.

Reply to
Cawas