Choosing a PC104

I have a project that I will be doing on a PC104 system.

Before I call the dozens of vendors who don't give pricing info online, I would like to ask whether anyone else has selected PC104 systems lately, and if so what they found.

REQUIREMENTS:

Very low performance 386 or 486. A 16Mhz 386SX would be overkill.

Runs MS-DOS. 1MB memory.

Very, very cheap. The cheaper the better.

VGA on separate PC104 board (price not important, I need one VGA board and 100+ systems with no video.)

10BaseT Ethernet on separate PC104 board (price not important, I need one Ethernet board and 100+ systems with no network.)

2 serial, one parallel, keyboard, floppy, IDE.

A solid state disk (1 or 2 MB) would be nice, but I can live without it.

Did I mention cheap?

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Guy Macon

Start at

Also pick up a copy of Circuit Cellar, and Nuts and Volts

Tom Woodrow

Guy Mac> I have a project that I will be doing on a PC104 system.

Reply to
Tom Woodrow

I have an Advantech PCM4873 486 based board that I no longer require. Used it in one prototype rig for a project that got cancelled. The board is like new has 10/100 Ethernet, IDE, Serial and Parallel ports plus the expansion bus on stacker sockets. It was deliberately mising the video section as the project didn't require it.

I'd be happy to come to an arrangement.

Paul E. Bennett ....................
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy .....
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972 .........NOW AVAILABLE:- HIDECS COURSE......
Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095 .... see http://www.feabhas.com for details.
Paul E. Bennett