Choosing a board for personal use

Hi, I`ve just finished a small project using a Freescale EVB9S12NE64 board, and I can say i`m pretty impressed by the possibilities of such a cheap board. I`m new in the wide field of embedded devices, and I`d like to stay in touch with what I`ve learnt so far, and improve my knowledge, so i decided to buy myself a board. I`m looking for something similar to the NE64, with Ethernet etc, but I`d like to go for something more powerful. A Coldfire board or something. I checked on Freescale`s site and came across a business card size board M5235BCCKIT, seems nice but probably a bit expensive. My price range is around $200, or a bit more if it worths it. Do you have any sugestions for me? Thanks

Reply to
ryufrank

What are the criteria for selecting a board; RAM, CPU speed, OS support, ... ? I'd describe Coldfire as a semi-marginalized architecture these days. If you're looking to experiment, I suggest that one of the [zillions] of ARM boards would be a better choice.

Look for instance at

Reply to
larwe

Thank you for your suggestion. It took me some time to learn working with the Freescale NE64, and I`m no expert, so I`d prefer to stick to something familiar for now. ARM board appear to be great for any demanding futura project i might undertake, but for now I`d prefer a board from Freescale, or anything similar to resume learning.

Reply to
ryufrank

Look at

I've used them and they work. See if one fits.

GM

Reply to
GMM50