Choice of RTOS for PC104+ embedded system

Hi,

I wanted to know if any of you have had experience with any type real-time operating system used on a PC104+ form factor single-board computer. I also plan on using USB2.0 functionality, which would require device drivers from the OS to support it.

Which OS choice would be best for implementing this type of embedded system?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Also, any source for a PC104+ board that has USB2.0 capability would be helpful, since it's relatively new technology, so has not been built into any PC104+ boards I've found yet.

Ron

Reply to
Ronald Chung

Hi,

On Time RTOS-32

Peter

Reply to
Peter Petersen

Reply to
g9u5dd43_nospam

USB2.0 is not currently supported in QNX 6.2.1. It is in Beta, due to be released this November in the 6.3 release

real-time

also

from

system?

that

Reply to
JV

PC104+, the bus form factor, does nothing say about the used cpu or ram/rom ressources. These days everything is possibly, Pentium XYZ, Motorola PowerPC, ARM, ... I think the decision for the "right" operating system should be chosen by other criteria.

--

with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

   Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
| Heinz-Jürgen Oertel  port GmbH  http://www.port.de
| mailto:oe@port.de
| phone +49 345 77755-0     fax   +49 345 77755-20
| Regensburger Str. 7b,     D-06132 Halle/Saale,  Germany
| CAN Wiki    http://www.port.de/cgi-bin/CAN
| Newsletter: http://www.port.de/engl/company/content/abo_form.html+===================================================================
Reply to
Heinz-Jürgen Oertel