Chinese study

Dear friend,

I would like to recommend a nice Chinese language teaching site

to you. ChineseOn.net has online Chinese teachers, and all the preliminary courses of "Standard Chinese", "Chinese" and "Daily Dialog" have been approved by authoritative academic institutions according to international standard, with Pronunciation Demo, English Translation, Pinyin, Exercise and Teaching Guides attached to each lesson. The free course "Chinese Grammar" will be put online soon.

Entering my "Recommender Code" 9A8D2A when you register as a Student Member, you may enjoy 20% discount, i.e. you need only to pay the tuition of USD 26.00 for six months learning.

Truly yours,

annieli

Reply to
notyp

$26 is about one month engineer's wages in china. Not sure why anyone would want to learn chinese.

Reply to
outsourced

Not true. AFAIK engineers in China are paid at least US$200.

Reply to
Invalid IP

They make $200 now! I suppose the microwave at walmart is going to soon sell for $36 instead of $35.50, will inflation ever stop.

Reply to
joep

ridiculous! Chinese junior-level embedded engineers normally get ~1000USD a month payment. senior level guys get 2000USD a month (17,000 Chinese dollars).

I had a company in China. I knew how much I paid for Chinese Embedded engineers.

Comparing to the daily consumes in China and out of China, (1 USD merchandise in USA is also about 1 Chinese dollar in China), I really don't know what you are talking about. Go ask Chinese engineers (must be $26 is about one month engineer's wages in china.

teachers,

and

Pronunciation

put

Student

Reply to
Xiao Geng

ridiculous! Chinese junior-level embedded engineers normally get ~1000USD a month payment. senior level guys get 2000USD a month (17,000 Chinese dollars).

I had a company in China. I knew how much I paid for Chinese Embedded engineers.

Comparing to the daily consumes in China and out of China, (1 USD merchandise in USA is also about 1 Chinese dollar in China), I really don't know what you are talking about. Go ask Chinese engineers (must be $26 is about one month engineer's wages in china.

teachers,

and

Pronunciation

put

Student

Reply to
Xiao Geng

bottom-post: Do you think this comparison funny? Please talk embedded only in this forum.

joep wrote:

soon

Reply to
xiao geng

bottom-post: I suppose this message should be in soc.culture.china or somewhere else. Unless it's provided by volunteers.

notyp wrote:

put

Reply to
xiao geng

Not so funny and doesn't make any sense, right? If they are $26 a month, you should learn Chinese harder, then you can benefit much more from it. I can FREE teach you a Chinese saying: Rats have only one-inch sight.

And tell you another truth: the really China is not the China in American TV news, otherwise, I can't believe how the one billion people live. Go ask the Chinese [must be $26 is about one month engineer's wages in china.

teachers,

and

Pronunciation

put

Student

Reply to
xiao geng

Just slightly off topic, but does anyone know of a good technical englishchinese dictionary for like engineering, etc.?

I want to load up on my technical vocab.

--

Wing Wong.
Reply to

I believe the "Kingsoft powerword" is the best one so far. It has built tens of dictionaries inside. And it was only 28 Chinese dollars (3.5 USD) 2 years ago. But you may meet the problem from Dear microsoft. Maybe you could input Chinese in this software, if you are using English Windows. At least I met this problem. You can ask a friend in China to buy and mail it to you. Relax, 28 dollars are not their a month wage. I don't think even a very ordinary friend will ask you this money. But shippng fee may be a little high (2 books w/ 12USD value cost me 70 USD shipping fee from China to USA). Or, you can check out these three free online dictionaries:

Hope this helps you.

xg

W> > Not so funny and doesn't make any sense, right? If they are $26 a

more

sight.

Reply to
xiao geng

I tried that last one-- it is quite impressive.

Thanks for the info. .

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Thanks xg, for those links, they will really come in handy for my translation assignment. But I was wondering whether if you knew of a good dictionary, you know, a real one and not just an online one.

--

Wing Wong.
Reply to

built

(3.5

in

this

out

You want a BOOK dictionary? Kingsoft powerword is software including about 100 dictionaries. I believe "=E8=8B=B1=E6=B1=89=E7=A7=91=E5=AD=A6=E6=8A=80=E6=9C=AF=E5=A4=A7= =E8=AF=8D=E5=85=B8" is the most traditional and official one. sorry to put Chinese here. I googled out this link (I amNOT suggesting you buy from here):

xiao geng

Reply to
xiao geng