Chinese study

Dear friend,

I would like to recommend a nice Chinese language teaching site
www.ChineseOn.net to you. ChineseOn.net has online Chinese teachers,
and all the preliminary courses of "Standard Chinese", "Chinese" and
"Daily Dialog" have been approved by authoritative academic
institutions according to international standard, with Pronunciation
Demo, English Translation, Pinyin, Exercise and Teaching Guides
attached to each lesson. The free course "Chinese Grammar" will be put
online soon.

Entering my "Recommender Code" 9A8D2A when you register as a Student
Member, you may enjoy 20% discount, i.e. you need only to pay the
tuition of USD 26.00 for six months learning.

Truly yours,

annieli

Re: Chinese study
$26 is about one month engineer's wages in china.
Not sure why anyone would want to learn chinese.

Re: Chinese study
Not true. AFAIK engineers in China are paid at least US$200.

Re: Chinese study
They make $200 now! I suppose the microwave at walmart is going to soon
sell for $36 instead of $35.50, will inflation ever stop.

Re: Chinese study
bottom-post: Do you think this comparison funny? Please talk embedded
only in this forum.

soon

Re: Chinese study
ridiculous! Chinese junior-level embedded engineers normally get
~1000USD a month payment. senior level guys get 2000USD a month (17,000
Chinese dollars).

I had a company in China. I knew how much I paid for Chinese Embedded
engineers.

Comparing to the daily consumes in China and out of China, (1 USD
merchandise in USA is also about 1 Chinese dollar in China), I really
don't know what you are talking about. Go ask Chinese engineers (must
be <30% years old and not got Green Card from so called Political
refugees) in USA how they feel about China. You will know what China
really was, is and will be!

I also don't like this non-embedded topic, unless it's a free Chinese
study provided by volunteers, since I got benefit from English
volunteers in USA. Of course, I amnot asking a free Chinese study
opportunity. My Chinese is even much better than 'joep'.

teachers,
and
Pronunciation
put
Student

[...]

opportunity. My Chinese is even much better than 'NO type guy'.

teachers,
and
Pronunciation
put
Student

Re: Chinese study
Not so funny and doesn't make any sense, right? If they are $26 a
month, you should learn Chinese harder, then you can benefit much more
from it.
I can FREE teach you a Chinese saying: Rats have only one-inch sight.

And tell you another truth: the really China is not the China in
American TV news, otherwise, I can't believe how the one billion people
live. Go ask the Chinese [must be <35% years old (older guys don't know
what China is) and not got Green card by so called political refugees],
you will know what China really was, is, and will be.

This non-embedded topic is not so cute. Please don't continue.

teachers,
and
Pronunciation
put
Student

Re: Chinese study
Just slightly off topic, but does anyone know of a good technical
english<->chinese dictionary for like engineering, etc.?

I want to load up on my technical vocab.

--

Wing Wong.

Re: Chinese study
I believe the "Kingsoft powerword" is the best one so far. It has built
tens of dictionaries inside. And it was only 28 Chinese dollars (3.5
USD) 2 years ago. But you may meet the problem from Dear microsoft.
Maybe you could input Chinese in this software, if you are using
English Windows. At least I met this problem. You can ask a friend in
China to buy and mail it to you. Relax, 28 dollars are not their a
month wage. I don't think even a very ordinary friend will ask you this
money. But shippng fee may be a little high (2 books w/ 12USD value
cost me 70 USD shipping fee from China to USA). Or, you can check out
these three free online dictionaries:

http://translate.google.com/translate_t
http://study.hongen.com/dict/index.htm
http://www3.zzu.edu.cn/zzjdict /

Hope this helps you.

xg

more
sight.

Re: Chinese study
On 13 May 2005 16:09:25 -0700, the renowned "xiao geng"

I tried that last one-- it is quite impressive.

Thanks for the info. .

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: Chinese study

Thanks xg, for those links, they will really come in handy for my
translation assignment. But I was wondering whether if you knew of
a good dictionary, you know, a real one and not just an online one.

--

Wing Wong.

Re: Chinese study

built
(3.5
in
this
out

You want a BOOK dictionary? Kingsoft powerword is software including
about 100 dictionaries.
I believe "E8%8BB1%E6B1%89E7%A791%E5AD%A6E6%8A80%E69C%AFE5%A4A7%
E8%AF8D%E585%B8" is the most traditional and
official one. sorry to put Chinese here.
I googled out this link (I amNOT suggesting you buy from here):
http://www.china-pub.com/computers/common/info.asp?id3D%22893

xiao geng

Re: Chinese study
bottom-post: I suppose this message should be in soc.culture.china or
somewhere else. Unless it's provided by volunteers.

put

Site Timeline