Checking the BUS idle for CAN transmission

hi!
   I am doing the project using CAN(Fujitsu MB90F450). Before
transmitting the data on the CAN network it is necessary to check
whether the Bus is in the Idle state. Any of you can suggest me on how
to check the bus idle. is only one receive function  enough for both
the remote frame and data frame?, providing the coding also very useful
for me.

Thanks in advance
Panchatcharam M

Re: Checking the BUS idle for CAN transmission
Charan ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) wrote at Wednesday 11. January 2006 14:10 in
comp.arch.embedded:

Normally there is no need to ensure the bus is in the idle state.
The CAN controller on Fujitsu chip will do that for you.
Just put the message you want to send into one of the buffers and set the
corresponding TRQ flag.
BTW: When storing the message into the buffer you *must* do this with 16bit
access, something memcpy(...) will not work. This is specialty of this
chip.

--
Reinhardt Behm, Nauheim, Germany, reinhardt.behm@t-online.de

Site Timeline