Cheapest 8-bit micro in SOIC case

It should have internal oscillator, 8-bit timer and external interrupt
possibility and at least 1kb of code memory. 32 bytes of RAM are enough.
ROM parts are not an option (FLASH, OTP, EEROM are OK).
Quantity is 50k+

Any ideas?

- Dejan

Re: Cheapest 8-bit micro in SOIC case

attiny11 probably cheapest - not sure if it has int osc.
Also look at PIC10F series.

Re: Cheapest 8-bit micro in SOIC case
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:44:10 +0200, the renowned "Dejan"

The minimum number of I/O required is an important and unstated
parameter.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: Cheapest 8-bit micro in SOIC case

http://www.trexon.com
http://www.speff.com

I forgot that - 6 I/O pins (SOIC8 case).

- Dejan

Re: Cheapest 8-bit micro in SOIC case

There must be something in the Philips LPC900 series that meets the bill.

Ian

Re: Cheapest 8-bit micro in SOIC case
With all the micros available today. ( mot, micrchip, TI, atmel )

Why are you asking for someone else to do you the job your paid for ??

Each micro has its best points and its not so best points.

Either give more information or do your own homework.

Re: Cheapest 8-bit micro in SOIC case
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:32:55 -0600, hamilton

What's the point of a news group if it isn't to exchange information?

Dan

Re: Cheapest 8-bit micro in SOIC case

I did my homework, but I do know all the possible manufacturers in the
world,
so I wanted to hear what other people know...I have studied most common
types like ATTiny, Microchip, Philips LPC900 and Freescale, but there surely
are others which I do not know...I did not ask the people to write the code
for
me neither do do the search - I simply asked if anybody knows for a micro
that
fits the needs...

And if I cannot ask the question on the newsgroup, why is it there for?

- Dejan

Re: Cheapest 8-bit micro in SOIC case

If you had said you were looking for a micro with this sort of spec and had
already found the following chips but wondered if there were any you had
missed, then you might have got a better respose.

The important thing is to ask the RIGHT QUESTION.

Ian

Re: Cheapest 8-bit micro in SOIC case

The usual suspects, include :
  Atmel (esp Tiny11),
  Fairchild ACE family,
  Gencore { OTP So8, but probably over-resourced)
  Microchip (down to SOT23-6),
  Motorola,
  Philips (SO8 & also smaller MLF10),
  STm ( IIRC )
  Zilog

  Price depends on what part of the profit/loss cycle the
suppliers are on....

  -jg

Re: Cheapest 8-bit micro in SOIC case
Hi
I looked for something similar about a year ago and my shortlist ended up
with ST7Flite05Y0M6 and Freescale MC68HC908QT2CDW.
I chose the Flite in the end because it had plenty more io (13 io in a 16
pin SOIC package) and there is an upgrade path if you break the code size.
I got prices of about 50c for each one.

I have an excel sheet with all the micros and their features when I was
comparing them I can send you if you send a private message to: stupid_chops
a_t_yahoo_ dot -com
Andy

Re: Cheapest 8-bit micro in SOIC case
Just to warn people, I got a message from someone called walter from
bytecraft, who basically tried to market his products under the guise
of being interested in the spreadsheet I mentioned.

He mailed me saying he was interested in the speadsheet and then sent
me this drivel in reply:

I was like huh? Remind me how that relates to a 8-bit micro in SOIC
case!

What a cheapshot

Re: Cheapest 8-bit micro in SOIC case
Hi Andy,

if I am not mistaken that 'someone' (Walter) basically IS bytecraft ;)

Antti
PS surprisingly I am also looking for small micro,
I have done my homework I think, but i am still unsure:.

I need fastest MIPS from internal osc (or fastest software bitbang)
should be small case MLF11 or a maybe a little larger (MLF20/28/32)
Atmega8 can do 4MHz pulse @8MHz internal clock
C8051F300 can do 6MHz pulse @24MHz

there should be something that goes faster!
my price wish is below 5USD in small quantity
and I do not want ubicom stuff.

[snip]

Re: Cheapest 8-bit micro in SOIC case

The Atmel Attiny26 can be run at 16mhz using internal osc, and can do an 8MHz
pulse. Check out the section in the datasheet, on running from the internal PLL.

-Zonn
--
Zonn Moore            Remove the ".AOL" from the
Zektor, LLC           email address to reply.