Cheapest 8-bit micro in SOIC case

It should have internal oscillator, 8-bit timer and external interrupt possibility and at least 1kb of code memory. 32 bytes of RAM are enough. ROM parts are not an option (FLASH, OTP, EEROM are OK). Quantity is 50k+

Any ideas?

- Dejan

Reply to
Dejan

attiny11 probably cheapest - not sure if it has int osc. Also look at PIC10F series.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

The minimum number of I/O required is an important and unstated parameter.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

There must be something in the Philips LPC900 series that meets the bill.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

I forgot that - 6 I/O pins (SOIC8 case).

- Dejan

Reply to
Dejan

With all the micros available today. ( mot, micrchip, TI, atmel )

Why are you asking for someone else to do you the job your paid for ??

Each micro has its best points and its not so best points.

Either give more > It should have internal oscillator, 8-bit timer and external interrupt

Reply to
hamilton

What's the point of a news group if it isn't to exchange information?

Dan

Reply to
Dan

The usual suspects, include : Atmel (esp Tiny11), Fairchild ACE family, Gencore { OTP So8, but probably over-resourced) Microchip (down to SOT23-6), Motorola, Philips (SO8 & also smaller MLF10), STm ( IIRC ) Zilog

Price depends on what part of the profit/loss cycle the suppliers are on....

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

I did my homework, but I do know all the possible manufacturers in the world, so I wanted to hear what other people know...I have studied most common types like ATTiny, Microchip, Philips LPC900 and Freescale, but there surely are others which I do not know...I did not ask the people to write the code for me neither do do the search - I simply asked if anybody knows for a micro that fits the needs...

And if I cannot ask the question on the newsgroup, why is it there for?

- Dejan

Reply to
Dejan

Hi I looked for something similar about a year ago and my shortlist ended up with ST7Flite05Y0M6 and Freescale MC68HC908QT2CDW. I chose the Flite in the end because it had plenty more io (13 io in a 16 pin SOIC package) and there is an upgrade path if you break the code size. I got prices of about 50c for each one.

I have an excel sheet with all the micros and their features when I was comparing them I can send you if you send a private message to: stupid_chops a_t_yahoo_ dot -com Andy

Reply to
Andy

If you had said you were looking for a micro with this sort of spec and had already found the following chips but wondered if there were any you had missed, then you might have got a better respose.

The important thing is to ask the RIGHT QUESTION.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Just to warn people, I got a message from someone called walter from bytecraft, who basically tried to market his products under the guise of being interested in the spreadsheet I mentioned.

He mailed me saying he was interested in the speadsheet and then sent me this drivel in reply:

I was like huh? Remind me how that relates to a 8-bit micro in SOIC case!

What a cheapshot

Reply to
Andy

Hi Andy,

if I am not mistaken that 'someone' (Walter) basically IS bytecraft ;)

Antti PS surprisingly I am also looking for small micro, I have done my homework I think, but i am still unsure:.

I need fastest MIPS from internal osc (or fastest software bitbang) should be small case MLF11 or a maybe a little larger (MLF20/28/32) Atmega8 can do 4MHz pulse @8MHz internal clock C8051F300 can do 6MHz pulse @24MHz

there should be something that goes faster! my price wish is below 5USD in small quantity and I do not want ubicom stuff.

"Andy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

[snip]
Reply to
Antti Lukats

The Atmel Attiny26 can be run at 16mhz using internal osc, and can do an 8MHz pulse. Check out the section in the datasheet, on running from the internal PLL.

-Zonn

--
Zonn Moore            Remove the ".AOL" from the
Zektor, LLC           email address to reply.