Cheap embedded ethernet controller board with 2+ interfaces

Hi, I'm looking for a cheap embedded ethernet controller board with 2 or more interfaces (10/100 Mbit), it should be programmable in C. Ie. what I'm trying to get or build is a device like a cheap router or switch that I want to program myself for analysing ethernet traffic etc. Any pointers welcome.

Reply to
RalfM

PC's are cheep these days.... then run the free program called Wireshark.

Google wireshark to find out more

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

RalfM" schreef in bericht news:hn2bmh$b2v$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org...

Get a regular PC. Use a MiniITX motherboard when it should not look like a PC. There is so must PC software, so it will get your started quicker.

Frank

Reply to
FD

AVR32 ->ngw100 from atmel?? Comes with Linux and IP tables ...

HTH, Rob Sciuk

Reply to
Spam

Indeed a good idea, but then I saw on the net that there are also some "Open Source Routers" from commercial firms, like the Netgear WNR3500L Open Source Router (Linux) with fast WLAN (300 Mbps) and LAN (1000/100/10 Mbps). Price is similar to NGW100 (around 63 Euros), but the WNR3500L has obviously more features and is faster. I'll get mine soon.

For people interessted in such embedded solutions one should take a look for example in the database of the open source router software called DD-WRT for the many routers which can be used with such alternate open source firmware/software:

Another popular open source router firmware is Tomato:

And here's a forum for such open source routers:

RalfM