Changing the load address

Hi,

It seems GNU objcopy supports changing the vma of the whole program by the --adjust-vma switch. How could I do the same for lma (logical memory addresses)? I don't want to relocate the program, I just want to change the load address, (which is determined by its lma)

Thanks, Bahadir

Reply to
Bahadir Balban

I prefer using the linker script for that, much cleaner. You can change arbitrarily vma and lma on an output section basis.

--

Legrandin
Reply to

True. But I have the necessity of reordering images in memory after they're built.

Thanks, Bahadir

Reply to
Bahadir Balban