Central management of many Lantronix WiPorts

I have an application where I need to be able to manage many (maybe more than 1000) Lantronix WiPort serial-to-wireless converters on a wide area network. Clearly logging onto each one individually using the web interface or DeviceInstaller to reconfigure it, check its health or update its firmware is not going to be acceptable - we need an automatic, database-driven tool to do this from a central server.

Lantronix tell me they don't have any software to do this. They suggest I write my own. However, this sounds like generic software, so I wonder: - is anyone aware of any third party software that does anything like this? - have you written your own? Would you be prepared to share it (on some mutually beneficial basis) with me? - if I write it, would you be interested in using it?

Thanks - Rowan

Reply to
Rowan Sylvester-Bradley