CE compliance testing?

Hi all.

I am working on a design that I might want to get CE certified. I have not done this before. The product is a consumer-ish product with a keyboard. I am looking for suggestions for this process.

As snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com responded to an e-mail about keyboards/keyscanning, I will have definitely have to worry about ESD. I will consider his(her?) suggestions.

I started reading about CE @

but that site has nearly zero technical material.

Are there any other good resources? Will I be forced to buy the IEC standards for beau coup $$/Euros?

Thank you. HW.

Reply to
Hw

Yes, that is the "nice" thing about these standards. You have to pay for every single document. For consumer electronics, you need a copy of EN/IEC

61000-6-1 and EN/IEC 61000-6-3. These can be purchased for about 70 euro or so. You then need to establish if your device if compliant with the limits stated in these standards. For detailed measuring setups, there are other documents to be purchased, but this information can be found on the internet too.

The nice part of these both standards is that they allow you to self-certify. If you are absolutely sure that you meet these standards and you can back that up with a "technical construction file" which describes your measuring methods and results and what you have done in your design to make it EMC proof, then you can put the CE mark on the product.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

No, you don't need these standards as they are meaningless without the measurement gear anyway. I'd rather suggest to visit one of the test centers that offer the tests. They also consult you for a meagre fee.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar