CCS to debug Linux???

Does anyone know of any means to debug Linux Kernel (ARM) by making use of
CCS? (Code Composer Studio). I was wondering if there is some kind of CCS
plugin to support ELF images.

john

Re: CCS to debug Linux???

CCS for OMAP supports ARM7/9 families.  I searched the on-line docs and can
not find any mention of elf files.

Your one option may be to recompile using the CCS version of the tools and
debug using the output file it generates.  The one problem that I am aware
of is that the assembler provided is an old version of the ARM assembler and
uses some obsolete mnemonics for a few instructions.

--
Scott
ExoTech R&D, Inc.

Site Timeline