Career Marketing

Good afternoon everyone,

I am writing to follow up to the message I sent last week.

I am still a week or two from the official opening of the new web site, and in honor of the Chicago Bears easily defeating the New York Giants last night, I want to offer some additional specials to motivate you to take some action now on your Career Marketing.

As you know, my expanding organization offers such services as:

=D8 Resume and Cover Letter Creation (with a FREE critique of your existing documents) =D8 Career Coaching (with a FREE initial consultation) =D8 Interview Tips and Tricks =D8 Telephone and Face-to-Face interview practice =D8 Job Search Strategy =D8 Much, Much More!

I am very proud of the low cost, extremely high quality service we provide. The quality of the work is second to none...not because our skills are that much better than anyone else. We deliver better results, because we CARE about your success. Our resumes and cover letters, for example, are guaranteed for life!

Here are the specials for November:

=D8 15% off all services =D8 $20 referral fee for anyone you bring us who becomes a client

Send me an e-mail or give me a call! I am very excited to hear from you!

Michael Kaplan PO Box 96 Urbana, IA 52345

319-210-0848 snipped-for-privacy@Fmtcs.com
Reply to
Michael Trains

(spam).

An excellent book with a chapter (more or less) on scam artists of this ilk is "Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America" by Barbara Ehrenreich. Basically, this woman (she's a journalist) takes off her white collar and tries to see how minimum-wage America lives. In the process she visits one of these motivational/career building/whateversnakeoil salespersons just like the spammer to whom I am here replying.

Reply to
larwe

larwe wrote:

I found it interesting that the only 2 non-jobs groups to which this was posted were quasi-electronics-related.

No faith in nerds' abilities to DIY?

Reply to
JeffM

: (spam).

: > As you know, my expanding organization offers such services as: : > ? Resume and Cover Letter Creation (with a FREE critique of your : > ? Career Coaching (with a FREE initial consultation)

: An excellent book with a chapter (more or less) on scam artists of this : ilk is "Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America" by Barbara : Ehrenreich. : Basically, this woman (she's a journalist) takes off her white collar : and tries to see how minimum-wage America lives. In the process she : visits one of these motivational/career building/whateversnakeoil : salespersons just like the spammer to whom I am here replying.

I think it is the same person who wrote the book "Bait and Switch" which details the same thing for us "white collar" workers who: Got an advanced education Got the job skills Did the networking and still can't get work due to off shore outsourcing and similar. Just the premise is kind of chilling - What do we tell our kids to do when the "suits" have removed our sources of income in their relentless drive to the bottom? I suppose they'll get their due when the only ones left in America are the rich and the poor and there is no one to sell their widgets to... ... Hmm, that was just too cynical. Time for a dandelion break.

DLC

* Dennis Clark         dlc@frii.com                www.techtoystoday.com   *
* I haven't written a book in two years and I'm feeling "itchy"...         *
Dennis Clark

There's a backlash on offshoring starting - it costs far more than it seems (which the pros could have told the PHBs in the first place had they been smart enough to ask) and it also costs customers when the offshoring is customer support.

There are companies in the UK making hay out of 'our call centres are open 24 hours and are in the UK'.

So there's hope yet ;)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

I don't think the pessimism is warranted. Read this article I wrote: . I'd also point you to my latest book, but you'd have to buy it :)

Reply to
larwe