Canopen sending visible string via segmented sdo upload

Hello:

I have to send a text which is longer then 4 byte with the sdo upload
protocol

let's say my text is "this is a test!".

My text is 15 characters so i will need 4 SDO messages (1 initiate
upload and 3 with the actual data.)
After is have sent the init upload, the device is returning the size
(15).
Then, I ask my first block of seven bytes. Which are this seven bytes?

is this

A:    "a test!"
or
B:    "this is"

kind regards

Steven

Re: Canopen sending visible string via segmented sdo upload

"this is"

(at least in our implementation :-)
But seriously, you find it in the CiA Standard DS301.
All of the CiA Draft Standards are freely (without costs) downloadable
(is this English?) at http://www.CAN-CiA.org//downloads/ciaspecifications /

--

with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

   Heinz-Jürgen Oertel