CANOpen LSS question

I've a (simple) question about the COB-ID used for LSS in CANOpen:
Any transmission/reception is done by using the COB-ID 2021/2020 and
as far I've understood, the COB-ID represents the CAN-ID on the bus.
Since CANOpen uses standard frames only, how are those IDs mapped to
the CAN-ID?? (2020 == 0x7E4 which is > 0x3FF)
Another quesiton that occured when reading the "layer setting services
and protocoll (LSS)" document available from CiA is about switching
the mode of a single slave node back to operational mode. On page 9 of
the document, switch mode selective takes only the LSS_address of the
slave to switch to configuration mode, is there no way back to
operational mode?
What happenes if multiple slave nodes are configured to the same,
invalid ID? (those nodes should be dynamically reconfigured to a valid
node ID at startup)
Thanks for any help,

Martin

Re: CANOpen LSS question

Hi Martin,
First of all, there is a special CAN oriented mailing list at
<http://www.canlist.org/ and a Wiki forum at
<http:www.port.de/cgi-bin/CAN/>
Your question regarding the LSS CAN-ID used is easy. Standard frames, or
newly called base frame format, are 11 bit, the range is 2^11 = 2048. IDs
from 0 to 2047 are allowed. 2020 and 2021 are in the range. I don't have
the standard at hand, but there should be a way back from the configuration
mode.

with best regards / mit freundlichen Gren

   Heinz-Jrgen Oertel
| Heinz-Jrgen Oertel  port GmbH  http://www.port.de
| mailto: snipped-for-privacy@port.de
| phone +49 345 77755-0     fax   +49 345 77755-20
| Regensburger Str. 7b,     D-06132 Halle/Saale,  Germany
| CAN Wiki    http://www.port.de/cgi-bin/CAN
| Newsletter: http://www.port.de/engl/company/content/abo_form.html

Site Timeline