CANopen: LSS in NMT Stopped Mode

I have a question on the implementation of CANopen.

According to CiA 301 pg 77 about NMT, "By switching a device into th Stopped state it is forced to stop the communication altogether (excep node guarding and heartbeat, if active)."

According to CiA 305 pg 7 about LSS, "A mode switch of a device t 'Configuration Mode' has to be initiated explicitly by the LSS-Master an is independent of the NMT state."

These two lines conflict and are ambiguous. I interpret this as the LS and NMT states are independent, however the communication of LSS itsel should be stopped in NMT stopped mode. Is this correct?

Reply to
hhluong