CANopen communication for speeds greater than 250kb/sec

hi,

i've got a CANopen master communicating with two CANopen slaves at speeds less than or equal to 250kb/sec.but when i try to increase the speed to 500 or above,the connection is lost.is it something related to the physical connection of the bus?Im using two 120ohm resistors for bus termination.Have anyone experienced this problem before? what all might be the reasons for this error? please enlighten me in this regard..

thanks.. roth.

Reply to
roth

Impossible to tell --- you didn't describe your physical bus in anywhere near enough detail for that to be answerable.

Likely reasons include that your cable might simply be too long for

500 kb/sec CAN, or that your CAN bit timing/sampling setup in your nodes is not usable for 500 kb/sec.
Hans-Bernhard Broeker

In an answer at the CANLIST, I suggested to make a community effort on http:://

to create a checklist for such typical problems.

Regards Heinz

--

with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

   Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
| Heinz-Jürgen Oertel  port GmbH  http://www.port.de
| mailto:oe@port.de
| phone +49 345 77755-0     fax   +49 345 77755-20
| Regensburger Str. 7b,     D-06132 Halle/Saale,  Germany
| CAN Wiki    http://www.CAN-Wiki.info
| Newsletter: http://www.port.de/engl/company/content/abo_form.html+===================================================================
Reply to
H.-J.Oertel