CANopen communication for speeds greater than 250kb/sec

hi,

i've got a CANopen master communicating with two CANopen slaves at
speeds less than or equal to 250kb/sec.but when i try to increase the
speed to 500 or above,the connection is lost.is it something related
to the physical connection of the bus?Im using two 120ohm resistors
for bus termination.Have anyone experienced this problem before? what
all might be the reasons for this error? please enlighten me in this
regard..

thanks..
roth.

Re: CANopen communication for speeds greater than 250kb/sec

Impossible to tell --- you didn't describe your physical bus in
anywhere near enough detail for that to be answerable.

Likely reasons include that your cable might simply be too long for
500 kb/sec CAN, or that your CAN bit timing/sampling setup in your
nodes is not usable for 500 kb/sec.

Re: CANopen communication for speeds greater than 250kb/sec

In an answer at the CANLIST, I suggested to make a community effort on
http:://www.CAN-Wiki.info to create a checklist for such typical problems.

Regards
 Heinz
--

with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

   Heinz-Jürgen Oertel