CANape+CANStress Interface Problems

Dear all

we are testing for CAN Mute fault (i.e CAN Mute fault:- Transmission failures are counted modulo n_TxNOK_max in the Network management. Each time the maximum value n_TxNOK_max is reached, a current failure "unit MUTE" is declared. A volatile "C_Mute" counter is then increased by incmute in the network management . The maximum value for this counter is 255.)

To induce CAN Mute fault we are blocking the acknolgment of Status frame using CAN Stress Tool that we recevice from the ECU.

Case 1:- We observed bus off fault when we run CANstress, CANape and LabVIEW Tester Tool from the same host machine.

Case 2:- We did not observe bus off fault when we run CANstress from remote machine.

In either case we are not able to monitor the parameters on CANape graph when we start the CANstress Tool.My i know what is the reason for this behaviour?

Thanking you all

Rajesh Maddukuri

Reply to
raj

Dear all

Can any one please help me in diagnosing the following problem, i can give u more inputs if my point is not clear

Thank> Dear all

Reply to
raj

Hai evey body , the following is the solution which i got from CANLIST.I am pasting it here for futher reference of all us.

Hello, Pls find my comments for your problem below. I think that the CANstress is not able to properly disturb ACK bit when you are running the tool from the same machine with CANape and Labview. Hence may be you are observing Bus-off condition. You capture the signal on CRO with trigger connected from CANstress to CRO. This gives you clear idea what is happening on the CAN lines. I think speed of the machine matters when you are running many application from the same machine. Recheck the baud rate setting(also sampling rate, quanta/bit) and termination resistance is proper or not. Also when the Tx error counter has already crossed 127 by some means and then further ACK error will lead to Bus-off condition if I am not wrong.

I dont know why you are not observing the counter value in CANape. I can suggest you one more method. If you have CAN signal on any CAN frame reflecting the counter, then you can observe the same counter by connecting a CANoe just to observe that signal(But dont forget to disable acknoweldegment feature to this node). Also if you have some event frame following confirmation of the mute fault, this also can be captured to prove that mute fault is occuring after disturbing the particular CAN message for particular time.

Hope this will be useful to you.

Regards,

Rafiq

Anyhow I have suggestions to you on your testing.

1)Disturb only the CAN message

raj wrote:

Reply to
raj