Can you turn off Pipeline in ARM Cortex M3

Some Tek scopes had curve-tracers, and one of the principal characteristics of FETs is their conductance - measured in Siemens (S). Hence it might not be unambiguous on a Tek display!

Nowadays, "S" often means samples, as in S/s. While the purist in me still prefers "Sa/s", I don't find "S/s" so visually jarring as "uS".

So, I hope your spectrometry software never has to display anything w.r.t. samples.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

The software does not talk of samples indeed but it does display them in an oscilloscope window (the input signal is continuously digitized at a few megasamples/s). However in all references I have been consistent with the capital s for seconds.... I write MspS IIRC :-). But these are for internal usage, I have deliberately avoided giving figures on that - it is too low level to be of interest to most customers and I have had more than one wannabe cloner (none successful, if they knew what they were trying to do they would never have tried) - why save them some head scratching and scope probing :-). I do have a cpS (or CpS, not sure now) (counts per second) in at least one of the result windows.

Dimiter

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

And measure power station output in mW and FM band frequency in mHz or Mhz? :)

The next misstep would be to measure power in MWh or energy in MW but I'm sure you wouldn't fall into that trap! (Unlike others, typically w.r.t. green energy :( )

Reply to
Tom Gardner

When feeling perverse I like to measure velocity in furlongs per fortnight, or time in nano-centuries. (1 nc ~= pi s)

Best not to ask about gallons, hundredweights and ton.*s

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Well MW is a megawatt and mW is a milliwatt, that is no problem. MHz for megahertz etc., M fot mega and m for milli is standard I think.

Dimiter

(posting from a phone on a bus using google groups mobile, let us see what a mess that will produce :). I tried to copy/paste the text I wanted to quote, was hopeless so I gave up on that.)

Reply to
dp

Hey I archived one of them

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Just so.

Hence mW for a power station output indicates a certain, um, lack of ambition.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Ah, thanks.

No, that isn't exactly the technique I'm planning on using, and I haven't assessed the relative advantages and disadvantages.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

What is the "C"? Oh, "MC" means micro! Yeah, I hear they kill people with that labeling issue.

--

Rick
Reply to

What is AltGr?

--

Rick
Reply to

On most keyboards, the key to the right of the space bar (Alt is on the left) IBM standard for 30 years.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

The two keys were always labeled the same on all of my keyboards including a couple of IBM units. I never noticed a difference in function. I don't get anything when using AltGr on this keyboard. When I run through the alphabet with the AltGr key pressed, it does the various ALT key functions.

Should I ask what "compose" is?

--

Rick
Reply to

We have a kill function for the PWM outputs if a half-bridge is shorted. By you are right, it is a slippery slope

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Maybe the AltGr key is only common on non-US keyboards. Certainly the US keyboard layout has far fewer characters and combinations than international keyboard layouts, with the UK layout only marginally better. (This applies to Windows and Linux layouts, AFAIK.)

It is a key common in *nix systems, at least under X. Unix workstation keyboards would have a dedicated "compose" key, but most people use PC keyboards these days and you have to configure a compose key if you want it (I always use the Scroll Lock key, but there are many options).

When you press "compose" and then another two keys, you get a character according to a layout table. The choice of characters in this table are

more intuitive than trying to remember codes for the numerical keypad.

Reply to
David Brown

The two ALT keys [and CTRL keys also] aren't labeled differently, but they have different scan codes and can be differentiated by software. Even prior to Unicode [going back to DOS 2.0 and maybe farther], PCs supported multiple display character sets. The convention for entering an alternate character was to hold the right hand ALT key while typing the character's code on the numeric keypad.

Some compatibles allowed to use either ALT key, but IBM PCs did not and so the right hand ALT key was "special". However, I admit that I also have never seen/heard it called "AltGr".

George

Reply to
George Neuner

Just to be clear - this was an issue of PC-DOS vs MS-DOS. IBM only used the right ALT key, compatibles did whatever they wanted.

Any program could hook into the keyboard read/filter chain to see the actual key presses ... the limitation of only using the right hand ALT key to enter alternate characters was just the default behavior under PC-DOS.

George

Reply to
George Neuner

I took a look and I must be missing something. The initial circuit claims "The output of the op amp is the waveform of the HF signal converted to a much lower frequency." But it clearly isn't. In the following simulation graphs, the output of the waveform is similar to the input signal only limited to the slew rate and ripple added.

He talks about increasing the bandwidth from 1.5 GHz for a MAX104 to 7 GHz for this circuit. I'm not at all clear how this circuit would be used. Is the FF output used as a pulse density representation of the input signal? Otherwise how is it an ADC at all?

--

Rick
Reply to

I don't see any difference in behavior between the two ALT keys. Both work fine with the key codes I provided and neither work as the AltGr key is described. It is much handier to use the left ALT key while entering digits with the right hand.

--

Rick
Reply to

There is no difference unless software defines it.

Each key on the keyboard has a unique "scan" code, which differs from the "character" code. [This is how keyboard remappers work.] Using the scan codes, left and right ALT and CTRL keys can be distinguished, but the default keyboard handler simply returns the same character code for both keys. You need to do a raw read of the keyboard device to see the different scan codes.

Most software works just with character codes and doesn't need to know which keys actually were pressed.

The "AltGr" key on non-US keyboards has the same scan code as the right ALT key on US keyboards, so it is the software that makes it operate differently.

George

Reply to
George Neuner

What software is doing this? Are the BIOS in PCs sold outside the US different? I thought it was windows that set the char set. I had no idea it would also give the ALT keys different functions.

--

Rick
Reply to